วันพุธที่ 4 มกราคม พ.ศ. 2555

Simply Calphalon Nonstick Hard-Anodized 14-Piece Cookware Set


these are getting returned today, i registered for these after reading reviews (everywhere but amazon or i would have thought twice) and seeing them at bed bath and beyond. i liked that they were not too heavy, nonstick, hard anodized and i thought the calphalon name was a good one. i got the set and 3 pieces had already been slightly damaged due to the packaging rubbing too hard against the non stick surface. i didn't think it looked too bad though and decided to keep them. storage was a whole other problem. i don't have a pot rack and used to keep my old set nested inside each other in the drawer under my stove. since the finish will get scratched if they rub against each other i had to completely reorganize my cabinets so i could find space for all of the pieces. i ended up nesting them anyway but have to keep an old dish towel between each piece so nothing touches. about a week after getting them i made pasta in one of the pots. i added some basil, oil, red pepper flakes and garlic salt and stirred it (with a wooden spoon) around until i heard and felt it scratch. i dumped out the pasta and there was a 3 inch scratch from the garlic salt i guess. so that did it for me. i know you are supposed to be careful with the nonstick finish and i am. i have all silicone, nylon or wooden utensils. i clean them properly. but it is too much of a hassle now worrying the food will scratch it too. i am returning this set today and buying a stainless steel set.
What Was I Thinking!, (What's this?) The main purpose of non-stick cookware is easy cleaning. That purpose is totally defeated in this cookware because the nonstick interior is interrupted by the aluminumin rivets with which the handles are attached - food sticks to them, and around them. I am soooo sorry I bought this!! I was replacing 20-year old T-Fal that was simply worn out. I should have stuck with T-Fal (bad pun intended).
I Think They're Fine, We have been using these approximately six months now, so I thought it was time for a review. I cook pretty much every day, so this set has received a lot of use. So far, it's holding up nicely. I did go and buy a few special silicone-coated utensils to use (silicone-coated whisk, silicone-tipped tongs, a silicone turner, and a silicone-coated ladle) for when I would really be "getting down in there" and scraping against the pan pretty hard. If I am just stirring some vegetables or something, I use a wooden or nylon utensils, no problems so far. The only pan that has shown any wear on the nonstick surface is the frying pan, which my husband uses pretty much every day to fry bacon and cook eggs, and I think he doesn't always use the silicone stuff but just grabs whatever is handy. We don't put them in the dishwasher, but it's honestly not that big of a deal...I rarely use more than two pots and pans at a time (occassionally three), and I would think unless you're a gourmet chef, you wouldn't, either. I have also put a couple of them in the oven, although not at 400 degrees yet, which is their top rating, but haven't had any issues with the handles bubbling or anything like that (which was my main concern). They hold heat very well, so when I first got them I had to adjust to cooking stuff on medium-high heat vs. high, which tended to make the pots too hot and burn stuff. All in all, we're satisfied. There are nicer pans out there, I'm sure, but they also cost $500 and up for a comparable set.
simply calphalon, simply wow,
Either save your money and buy a cheaper set or spend more and get something better, I was given this set a year and a half ago and so far have had to send back three pieces because of the nonstick finish. I will say I like cooking with the anodized - it heats faster and retains heat well so it is easier to cook with. But the nonstick finish they put on this cookware is terrible. It flakes off and scratches easily. I baby them, follow all directions, etc. only use silicone or wood utensils. In my opinion the surface should not scratch if you are using an approved utensil. Calphalon has been good about honoring their warranty and have replaced everything I sent back so far but I am getting tired of having to keep sending things back. As money permits I am gradually replacing mine with Le Creuset. I don't know if the higher end Calphalon is better, but I can't bring myself to spend the money on it with the experience I've had with this set.
SIMPLY CALPHALON...SIMPLY THE BEST!, (What's this?) I won't even take up much time when I say...BUY BUY BUY! Fast shipping, food tastes great, preparation a breeze, no need to turn your burners up high.....sexy and sleek look! Bought 2 sets....
Best Pots to have, (What's this?) These pots are easy to care for but not dishwasher safe so remember that they are great on any stove. I use propane and they cook quickly and evenly. I would purchase more of these. The soup pot needs to be a little bigger but you can purchase that seperately.
Excellent Choice in Non-Stick, (What's this?) I've had nothing but excellent results and experiences with this cookware. For the money, I think it's the best you can get. I may use silicone & wood utensils to cook with, and the blue scotchbrite pads to clean them, but I sure as heck don't baby them, and I don't put anything between them when storing. I honestly don't know what some of these other reviewers are talking about. I've had no difficulty cleaning around the rivets, either, and I don't make any superhuman efforts to do so. I've had this set (plus additional pieces in the Simply Calphalon line) for almost a year, use them everyday, and I love 'em to pieces.

*Update - January 1, 2012: Still in use, still doing a great job. So much so, that I've added additional open-stock pieces.

  • Oven safe to 400 degrees F; hand wash; backed by 10-year limited warranty
  • Hard-anodized exterior will not chip or crack; heats fast and evenly
  • Domed tempered glass with silicone handles; dual-riveted cast stainless steel handles with silicone accents
  • 14-piece set includes 1-, 2- and 4-quart saucepans (each with lids); 12-inch covered omelette pan; 3-quart covered saute pan; 6-1/2-quart covered stockpot; 8- and 10-inch skillets
  • 2-layer nonstick surface on all pans for superb food release, easy cleaning, and extended use

  • Oven safe to 400 degrees F; hand wash; backed by 10-year limited warranty.Hard-anodized exterior will not chip or crack; heats fast and evenly.Domed tempered glass with silicone handles; dual-riveted cast stainless steel handles with silicone accents.14-piece set includes 1-, 2- and 4-quart saucepans (each with lids); 12-inch covered omelette pan; 3-quart covered saute pan; 6-1/2-quart covered stockpot; 8- and 10-inch skillets.2-layer nonstick surface on all pans for superb food release, easy cleaning, and extended use. An ideal choice for cooking enthusiasts on a budget, the Simply Calphalon cookware line is constructed to meet Calphalon's strict standards for performance and durability. And it balances elegant good looks with its glossy black enamel exterior with a superb, easy-cleaning nonstick interior. This 14-piece set includes 1-, 2- and 4-quart saucepans (each with lids), a 12-inch covered omelette pan, 3-quart covered saute pan, 6-1/2-quart covered stockpot, and 8- and 10-inch open skillets. The pans feature Calphalon's signature hard-anodized aluminum construction for excellent conductivity and even heating along the bottom and sides of the pan. he two-layered nonstick coating in each pan offers superior release, easy clean up, and extended performance. The domed tempered glass covers with silicone handle make it easy to monitor foods while they cook. And finally the durable, dual-riveted cast stainless steel handles are complemened with silicone accents for both comfort and heat resistance. The pans are oven safe to 400 degrees F. Hand wash only. Backed by a 10-year warranty.

    ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

    แสดงความคิดเห็น